We create experiences that transform brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives better.
Cancer is the disease which is characterized by uncontrolled cell growth and in some cases it may metastasize (spread to the body). Cancer is the deadliest disease and this requires immediate attention of doctor. Despite of availability of number of anticancer drugs (oncology drugs) available for cancer cure, still much more is needed to be discovered.
Over the years, Medicamen has been building a global franchise of products both in APIs and finished dosages. The company is coming up with a dedicated state-of-the-art manufacturing facility based out of Haridwar, India producing affordable anti-cancer drugs in Tablets, Capsules, Injectible including Lyophilized. Lyophilization is a process that extracts water from drug particles at the freezing temperature maintaining the drug value intact.
At Medicamen, we aim at bringing a wide basket of anti-cancer products at affordable prices to besides positively impacting the lives of millions of cancer patients in terms of health and economic aspects.
Haematology is the science or study of blood, blood-forming organs and blood diseases. In the medical field, haematology includes the treatment of blood disorders and malignancies, including types of haemophilia, leukaemia, lymphoma and sickle-cell anaemia. Haematology is a branch of internal medicine that deals with the physiology, pathology, etiology, diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and prevention of blood-related disorders.
Blood cancer is an umbrella term for cancers that affect the blood, bone marrow and lymphatic system. There are three main types of blood cancer:
- Leukaemia - Leukaemia, a type of cancer found in your blood and bone marrow, is caused by the rapid production of abnormal white blood cells. The high number of abnormal white blood cells are not able to fight infection, and they impair the ability of the bone marrow to produce red blood cells and platelets.
- Lymphoma - Lymphoma is a type of blood cancer that affects the lymphatic system, which removes excess fluids from your body and produces immune cells. Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell that fight infection. Abnormal lymphocytes become lymphoma cells, which multiply and collect in your lymph nodes and other tissues. Over time, these cancerous cells impair your immune system.
- Myeloma - Myeloma is a cancer of the plasma cells. Plasma cells are white blood cells that produce disease- and infection-fighting antibodies in your body. Myeloma cells prevent the normal production of antibodies, leaving your body's immune system weakened and susceptible to infection.
A tumor is an abnormal clump of cells. When your child has a solid tumor, that means the tumor doesn't contain any liquid or cysts. Solid tumors can develop in the muscles, bone, and organs of the body. Examples include mesothelioma, sarcomas, lymphomas, sarcomas as well as cancers of the breast, prostate, kidney, ovaries, pancreas, thyroid, and colon. Not all tumors are cancer. A tumor that does not have any cancer cells is called benign. A tumor with cancer cells is called malignant.
Major types of solid tumors
Two major types of solid tumors are sarcomas and carcinomas. Many types of solid tumors, whether a sarcoma or a carcinoma, are often treated with surgery.
- Sarcomas are tumors in a blood vessel, bone, fat tissue, ligament, lymph vessel, muscle or tendon.
- Carcinomas are tumors that form in epithelial cells. Epithelial cells are found in the skin, glands and the linings of organs. Those organs includes the bladder, ureters and part of the kidneys.
Supportive care given to improve the quality of life of patients who have a serious or life-threatening disease. The goal of supportive care is to prevent or treat as early as possible the symptoms of a disease, side effects caused by treatment of a disease, and psychological, social, and spiritual problems related to a disease or its treatment. Also called comfort care, palliative care, and symptom management.
NEW ONCOLOGY PLANT, HARIDWAR
For more information on products, please click on the link below:
"Treatments for cancer have been advancing at an accelerated pace in recent years. Global Spending on cancer therapies and supportive care drugs now exceeds $133 billion. Over the next 5 years, this amount is projected to reach $180-200 billion."